At American Grand, the little things like family china, a comfortable rocking chair and treasured keepsakes add up. We encourage residents to bring their cherished items with them to American Grand. Our home-like setting features private and friendship suites with kitchen areas that include a microwave and refrigerator. Suites are 420 square feet and feature vaulted ceilings with skylite dormers, wide walk-ways and pocket doors so residents can easily access bathroom facilities. Personal care such as bathing, dressing, administering medication, diabetic monitoring may all be attended to in the privacy of their suite.
- Our home-like setting features private and friendship suites with kitchen areas that include a microwave and a refrigerator with a glass door so residents can easily see contents.
- Everything in suites is wheelchair accessible.
- Residents are encouraged to bring their own bed and furnishing to make the transition easier.
- All suites have an open floor plan so that at night staff members can do comfort checks without disturbing our residents’.
- Bathrooms are located at the end of the bed and separated by pocket doors so the facilities are in full view of the residents. Research shows that seniors with cognitive issues are more likely to use amenities if they are full view.
- Personal care such as bathing, dressing, administering medication, diabetic monitoring may all be attended to in the privacy of a suite.
- Rooms feature vaulted ceilings, with a skylight dormer in every room to let daylight in. Hard wood floors add a homey, welcoming feeling.
- Friendship suites are available for married couples or friends who prefer having roommates.